Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
(apply using the Common Scholarship Application available through the NV School Counselor)
1. Be a graduating senior or past graduate of Nodaway Valley Schools.
2. Demonstrate an interest in the community and school activities.
3. Be qualified for acceptance at the educational institution of choice.
4 Express a desire to return to Adair County for employment.
5. Preference will be given to the following areas of study:
* Water or Wastewater Operator
* Utility Construction (including wind/solar energy)
* Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
* Accounting or Business Administration
* Trade School (including electrician, plumber, carpenter, welder, mechanic, etc.)
6. Applications will be submitted through the consolidated community application.
The selection committee reserves the right to award this scholarship fund to more than one applicant in amounts to be determined by the committee. GMU reserves the right to not award scholarships in the event that no qualified applications are received.
The decision of the selection committee is final.
Applications are now being accepted for a GMU Non Traditional Scholarship program and reviewed on an ongoing basis. This program is intended for students enrolling in Power Lineman and/or Line Maintenance school or Water Treatment and/or Water Distribution school and have a desire to return to our area for work after schooling. *A non-traditional student is any student that does not enter the college program directly after graduating from high school.
* Contact GMU for a scholarship application